Steaming vegetables is the healthiest way to prepare them — so we finished ours off with some butter just to be safe.
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add asparagus. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and let steam until asparagus is easily pierced with a knife, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss asparagus with butter and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.