Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Sweet strawberry and tart lemon are seriously perfect together.
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 20 strawberries, trimmed
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3½ c. powdered sugar, divided
- ¼ c. lemonade or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Lemon Slices, for garnish
- Strawberry slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 muffin tins with 20 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared liners, then place a strawberry into each. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make lemonade frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and half of the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemonade and the rest of the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in enough red food coloring to make pink (4 drops worked well for us).
- Using a large star tip, pipe cooled cupcakes with lemonade frosting. Garnish with a lemon slice, a strawberry slice, and a decorative straw.