Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Go balls to the wall for these buff chick meatballs.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking sheet
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ⅓ c. hot sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot
- ⅓ c. crumbled blue cheese
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c. sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 425° and brush a large baking sheet with oil. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, hot sauce, and blue cheese, and season with salt. Whisk until butter and cheese have melted, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs, celery, garlic, egg, green onions, and onion powder and season with salt. Add chicken and half the hot sauce mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, form 1-inch meatballs and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with green onions before serving.