Easter Egg Strawberries
Dyeing Easter eggs is a great tradition, but sometimes we don't want to eat the hard-boiled eggs so they become purely decorative.
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed
- 2 c. white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, divided
- Blue, orange, yellow, and pink food coloring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pat strawberries dry with paper towels. In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Divide melted chocolate into 4 different bowls and dye each one a different color. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, 20 minutes.
- Once strawberries are hardened, make chocolate for decorating: Place remaining cup of chocolate chips and teaspoon coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Divide into 4 bowls again and dye each one a different color. Place dyed chocolate into 4 resealable plastic bags.
- Pipe designs onto strawberries and refrigerate again until hardened, 20 minutes.