Bacon Asparagus Breakfast Hash
The concept here is v similar to our low-carb brussels sprouts hash—replace the potatoes with a veg and feel amazing about yourself.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and reserve extra bacon fat for another use.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and light golden, 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and toss to incorporate. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Using a wooden spoon, make four holes in the hash to reveal bottom of skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until eggs yolks are runny but whites are fully set, about 5 minutes.
- Chop cooked bacon. Sprinkle hash with bacon and red pepper flakes. Serve warm.
Asparagus Hash = the best thing to happen to breakfast this spring.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/0tzanHQ
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 4. huhtikuuta 2019