Bunny Hug Cookies
A cute little bunny hug.
- 3 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 3" gingerbread cookie cutter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined, then add flour mixture gradually until totally combined.
- Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- When ready to roll, preheat oven to 350º. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out dough until ⅛” thick. Cut out gingerbread shapes (upside-down, they will be bunnies!) and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place a mini cadbury egg into the center of the arms and gently place arms around the edges of the egg. (They won’t wrap around the egg completely.) Use a tootpick to poke eyes and nose.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.