Spinach Artichoke Mac & Cheese
This twist on mac & cheese might just take the cake though—the cream cheese makes for an EXTRA-creamy cheese sauce.
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tbsp. melted butter, plus more for greasing
- 4 tbsp. cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. milk (preferably whole)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (15-oz.) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9"-x-13" baking dish. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour in milk and continue whisking until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in mozzarella and 1 cup of Parmesan. Continue whisking until melted and smooth. Stir in spinach, artichoke, and cooked pasta and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup Parmesan with panko and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over macaroni.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Spinach Artichoke Mac & Cheese is like your favorite dip, only BETTER.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/e3MyYqW
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 19. maaliskuuta 2019