Forget zoodles. Asparagus noodles are the new low-carb trend you need to know about.
- 1 lb. jumbo asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ c. shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus into long, thin strips; hold the asparagus by its tip to keep it steady while peeling.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add heavy cream and cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is completely melted. Add mozzarella and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 2 minutes.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon of oil. Add asparagus noodles and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using tongs, place asparagus onto plates and spoon Alfredo sauce over top. Serve topped with cooked bacon and Parmesan.