Sure, we love a good quesadilla, but a CHEESE-CRUSTED quesadilla? Trust us on this one, you're gonna want to try this for yourself. Make sure you use a nonstick pan for easy flipping!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. sour cream, for dipping
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet along with chili powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains. Transfer to plate with onions and peppers.
- Add about ¼ cup of both cheeses to one side of your pan, then add your flour tortilla. Top the half of the tortilla sitting on top of the cheese with another sprinkling of both cheeses, cooked chicken, peppers, and onions. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook until all cheese is melted. Add another ¼ cup total of cheeses to the other side of the pan, then flip quesadilla so that cheese crusted side is facing up and the opposite side is sitting on top of the cheese melting in the skillet. When all cheese is melted, remove from skillet and slice into wedges. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish with green onions and serve with a side of sour cream for dipping.
These quesadillas are wrapped in a BLANKET of cheese 😱Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/52wPHxu
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 17. huhtikuuta 2019