Mexican Street Corn Nachos
You didn't think it was possible to love corn this much, but oh, it is.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream, half and half or milk
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- ¼ cup cotija or feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons crema or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- cayenne to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, add the corn and let it sit until it starts to char a bit, mix it up and let it start to char a bit again before removing from heat and mixing in the mayo.
- Mix the cornstarch into the cream, bring just to a simmer, reduce the heat and mix in the cheese until it melts.
- Place the nachos on a serving dish, pour on the cheese, top with the corn, cotija, creme, cilantro and cayenne and hit everything with a few squirts of lime juice!