Best-Ever Vegan Meatloaf
This hearty "meatloaf" is packed with veggies and protein. We're in love!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 c. finely chopped baby Bella mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. ketchup
- ¼ c. barbecue sauce
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º and line an 8" loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, carrot, and mushroom and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and most of the liquid has cooked out, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Using a potato masher in a large bowl, or food processor, mash the chickpeas until a rough paste forms. (A few large piece of chickpea are OK.) Transfer to a large bowl if using a food processor.
- Add cooked vegetables, bread crumbs, parsley, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl with chickpeas. In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup and barbecue sauce. Add half this mixture to the bowl with the chickpeas. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper, and stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Transfer chickpea mixture into prepared loaf pan and smooth top. Brush half of the remaining ketchup mixture on loaf and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with remaining ketchup mixture and bake 30 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Garnish with more parsley and serve.
You won't believe what this meatloaf is ACTUALLY made of…Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/4bAFXeT
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 23. huhtikuuta 2019