These egglets are great because they can be assembled quickly in the morning for a protein packed post-lunch snack!
- 6 large eggs
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into quarters
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (such as Cholula)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. quartered grape tomatoes
- ½ c. shredded romaine lettuce
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover by an inch of cold water. Place pot on stove and bring to a boil. Instantly turn off heat and cover pot. Let sit for 11 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a medium bowl of ice water. When 11 minutes is up, drain eggs and submerge in ice water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine mayo, chives, red wine vinegar, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and halve eggs. Spread mayo mixture on the cut side of one half egg. Top with tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce, then top with other half of egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Low-carb "BLT Egglets" are the BEST thing to happen to your diet.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/uW46PgV
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 29. huhtikuuta 2019