Taco Stuffed Avocados
Pure goodness in the palm of your hand.
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ c. shredded Mexican cheese
- ½ c. shredded lettuce
- ½ c. quartered grape tomatoes
- Sour cream, for topping
- Halve and pit avocados. Using a spoon, scoop out a bit of avocado, creating a larger well. Dice removed avocado and set aside to use later. Squeeze lime juice over all avocados (to prevent browning!).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and drain fat.
- Fill each avocado half with beef, then top with reserved avocado, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a dollop sour cream.
Taco Stuffed Avocados are the low-carb way to get your taco fix 🌮 Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/7cAhdLJ
Posted by Delish on Sunday, May 20, 2018