We can't believe we didn't think of this before.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1-oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 4 large, ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- ½ c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ c. sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Add ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Flip over tomatoes so they’re stem-side down and slice to make 6 wedges, being careful not to cut all the way through. Carefully spread open wedges.
- Divide taco meat among tomatoes, then top each with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream before serving.
Taco Tomatoes make cutting carbs SO easy. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/NoZvHhR
Posted by Delish on Monday, August 6, 2018