All of the flavours of lasagna in a hot cheesy dip with no regrets!
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 cup lasagna tomato sauce (see below)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or ricotta or cream cheese
- 1 cup partially skim mozzarella, shredded
- FOR SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and fennel and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, italian seasoning, bay leaf, paprika, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer until until it thickens, about 5 minutes, and then mix in the basil and remove from heat.
- Cook the turkey, add the tomato sauce and simmer until it thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the cottage cheese over the bottom of a baking dish, followed by the sauce and finally the mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is a light golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.