Classic Hot Crab Dip For A Crowd
Someone needs to invite us to their next party ASAP so we can make this
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped (150 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat (455 g)
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced, for garnish
- carrot sticks, for serving
- celery sticks, for serving
- crackers, for serving
- crostini, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and salt. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the onions are caramelized. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl to cool completely.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, drain crab meat over a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, hot sauce, Old Bay, and lemon juice. Using an electric mixer, beat together until well combined. With a flexible spatula, fold in the onion mixture, ¾ cup (75 grams) cheddar cheese, and the crab meat.
- Transfer the dip to a 1-quart baking dish. Top evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the mixture is just beginning to bubble around the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Heat the broiler to low. Broil dip for 3 minutes, until the whole surface is bubbling and browned. Remove the dip from the oven. Let cool for at least 15 minutes, until set.
- Garnish the dip with Old Bay and chives. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, crackers, and crostini.
Someone needs to invite us to their next party ASAP so we can make this 😍Get the recipe: https://tasty.co/recipe/classic-hot-crab-dip-for-a-crowd
Julkaissut Tasty Maanantaina 29. huhtikuuta 2019