Easy Mexican Rice
This easy Mexican Rice is PACKED with flavor.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 c. long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. finely chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add carrot, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until grains are toasted, 2 t0 3 minutes.
- Pour in broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce and season with cumin, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until rice is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 17 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro before serving.
This easy Mexican Rice is PACKED with flavor.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/XkKkeg6
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 2. toukokuuta 2019