Pavlova is the light and airy dessert you need for summer.
- 4 large eggs whites, room temperature
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. superfine sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. whipped cream
- 2 c. mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat egg whites with a large pinch of salt until foamy. While beating, slowly add in sugar and beat until meringue is thick and glossy, about 7 minutes. Beat in cornstarch, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pile meringue in the center of prepared baking sheet and use a spatula or spoon to spread into an 8" circle. Make a small well in the center.
- Place meringue in the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 250°. Bake until set but still white, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let pavlova cool completely in oven, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Transfer cooled pavlova to a serving dish and top with whipped cream and berries.