Caprese Stuffed Bread
Caprese STUFFED Bread is restaurant level.
- 1 large boule
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ c. fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar glaze
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, crosshatch and score the boule every inch in both directions, making sure to not slice all the way through the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter with garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush boule with garlic butter, making sure to get inside the crosshatches.
- Stuff each crosshatch with the cheese and tomato mixture and wrap bread in foil. Bake until cheese is melty and bread is warm and toasty, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, drizzle with balsamic, and serve warm.