Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
For best results, freeze the cake before serving.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 sleeve Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1 package ice cream sandwiches
- Beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Fold in crumbled Oreos, setting aside about 2 tablespoons for topping the cake. Set aside whipped cream mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Place a layer of ice cream sandwiches to cover the bottom of the pan. You may need to trim the sandwiches to fit the pan size. If so, set the trimmings aside and save them to top the cake.
- Cover the ice cream sandwiches with half of the whipped cream mixture, smoothing to form an even layer. Top with another layer of ice cream sandwiches, then cover with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top of cake, then decorate with ice cream sandwich pieces. For a light, mousse-like treat, refrigerate until set, 4 hours. For a stiffer, ice cream cake-like consistency that you can cut into slices, freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until set. (If you don't keep your fridge very cold—or if it's crammed with other items—your best bet may be the freezer, so it actually hardens.)