Best-Ever Grilled Zucchini
Zucchini is one of our favorite vegetables to grill in the summer. Why? It's healthy, it's easy, and it cooks SO FAST.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thick strips
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 basil leaves, torn into medium pieces
- Preheat grill on medium-high. In a large bowl, toss zucchini with oil, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once grill is hot, carefully use tongs to rub an oiled paper towel over grates to clean.
- Using tongs, place zucchini on grill. Cover and cook, 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on high, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- When zucchini is tender, remove from heat and garnish with basil and more red pepper flakes.