Bahama Mama Cupcakes
How many of these Bahama Mama Cupcakes are you throwing back?!
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (12-oz.) can Sprite, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 3 tbsp. shredded coconut, toasted
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. white rum
- Orange wedges, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Paper umbrellas
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Stir cake mix with Sprite and orange zest until thoroughly combined. Fold in toasted coconut. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan and bake according to package instructions. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Make rum frosting: In a large bowl, beat together butter, half of the powdered sugar, pineapple juice and rum. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Pipe cooled cupcakes with rum frosting then garnish with orange wedges, maraschino cherries, and cocktail umbrellas.