Slow-Cooker Banana Cake
PSA: You can make the BEST banana cake in your slow cooker.
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1⅓ c.)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. chopped toasted pecans
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2½ c. powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Crushed Nilla wafers, for garnish
- 1 banana, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the slow cooker. Grease the bowl of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Line with parchment and grease parchment.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Whisk in mashed bananas and cinnamon, then fold in pecans. Transfer batter to prepared slow cooker and smooth into an even layer.
- Cover, placing a paper towel underneath lid to catch condensation, and cook on low for 4 hours. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla and a large pinch of salt.
- Spread frosting evenly over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with crushed Nilla wafers and arrange banana slices on top.