Peanut Butter & Banana Upside-Down Cake
FLIPPING out over this Peanut Butter Banana Upside-Down Cake.
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. whole milk
- ½ c. smooth peanut butter
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c. (1/2 stick) butter
- ½ c. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk milk, peanut butter, oil, and egg until well combined.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined. In a 10" cast-iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir brown sugar and vanilla into butter and remove skillet from heat.
- Arrange banana slices on top, cut side down. Pour batter evenly over bananas and bake until just set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a platter.