Reuben Bowls are the low-carb way to eat your favorite sandwich.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 4 tsp. ketchup
- 1½ tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE BOWL
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 c.)
- 1 c. shredded carrot
- ¾ lb. corned beef, sliced ½" thick
- 1½ c. sauerkraut, drained
- 1 c. shredded Swiss
- ¼ c. thinly sliced cornichon
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, pickle relish, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, and Worcestershire. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the bowl: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, toast caraway seeds, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and heat oil. Add onion and cook stirring until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and carrot and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
- Stir in corned beef and sauerkraut, tossing until warmed throughout, 1 minute more. Top cabbage mixture with Swiss cheese, cover, and cook until cheese is melty and bubbly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Scatter roasted caraway seeds and cornichon on top, then drizzle with dressing and garnish with green onion before serving.