Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Imagine the best fried chicken you've ever had. Now imagine it wasn't even fried. Crazy, right? Not with this easy air fryer fried chicken recipe!
- 2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken pieces (mix of cuts)
- 2 c. buttermilk
- ½ c. hot sauce
- 3 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Trim chicken of excess fat and place in a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, hot sauce, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Pour mixture over chicken, making sure all pieces are coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- In a shallow bowl or pie dish, combine flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and seasonings. Working one at a time, remove chicken from buttermilk, shaking off excess buttermilk. Place in flour mixture, turning to coat.
- Place coated chicken in basket of air fryer, working in batches as necessary to not overcrowd basket. Cook at 400° until chicken is golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.