Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats
Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats are low carb, high flavor.
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 c. shredded provolone
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl to use later. Transfer zucchini boats to a large baking dish. Brush with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, peppers, and scooped out zucchini then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if necessary, and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until seared all over, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Fill zucchini boats with cooked vegetables and steak, then top with provolone. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.