Peach Upside-Down Cake
FLIPPING out over this Peach Upside-Down Cake.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 3 large peaches, pitted and cut into ½” slices
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. whole milk
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Make the caramel: Preheat oven to 350°. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt the butter, brown sugar, and bourbon, stirring to combine, over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Carefully, arrange peach slices with one of the cut sides down, in the hot caramel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk milk, oil, and egg until well combined. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Pour batter over peaches, spreading to cover evenly.
- Bake until top is browned and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cake cool in pan, 5 minutes, then carefully invert onto a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.