Enchilada meatballs are the BEST meatballs you'll ever make.
- 1 lb. grass fed organic ground beef grass fed organic ground beef
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 (19-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- ½ (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 c. sweet corn
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. Monterey jack
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Tortillas, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Season mixture with salt and pepper, then form into meatballs about 2” in diameter.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add meatballs and cook to an internal temperature of 145°, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate while you make sauce.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in enchilada sauce, black beans, and corn and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Return meatballs to skillet, tossing them in sauce. Top meatballs with cheeses and bake until beef is cooked through and cheeses are melty, about 15 minutes more.
- Garnish skillet with avocado and more cilantro. Serve with warmed tortillas and sour cream.