Baileys Strawberries & Cream Sticky Swirl Buns
If you are not making Baileys Strawberries & Cream Sticky Swirl Buns this summer...BIG MISTAKE.
- 120ml Baileys Strawberries and Cream
- 120ml milk
- 75g sugar
- 7g active dry yeast
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 560g plain flour
- 75g strawberry jam
- 250g Fresh strawberries, chopped
- 125g icing sugar
- 60ml Baileys Strawberries and Cream
- Warm milk and Baileys S&C.
- In a large bowl, add warmed milk and Baileys S&C, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 30-40 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Add the chopped strawberries, sugar and cornstarch to a saucepan. Stir to combine and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the strawberry jam over top evenly. Top with chopped strawberries Cut the entire sheet of dough in half from one short end to the next.
- Roll each half from the long side up into tight rolls. Cut into 1” pieces and transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Cover and let rise until doubled then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Icing ingredients. Stir the Baileys S&C and icing sugar until smooth.
- When rolls are slightly cooled, pour glaze over rolls.