Blueberry Pie Fries
Blueberry Pie Fries are excellent for dipping in a homemade caramel. They are way easier than making a whole pie and so much more fun to share.
- 3 c. blueberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ c. packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. coarse sanding sugar
- Caramel sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries with lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook, stirring, until blueberries burst and juices thicken, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll one pie crust onto prepared baking sheet. Spread blueberry mixture onto pie crust, and top with second pie crust.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Using a pizza cutter, cut into fry shapes. Spread out evenly on tray.
- Bake until crust is golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool, then serve with caramel for dipping.