Spinach Artichoke Baked Tortellini
Spinach-Artichoke Baked Tortellini tastes like your favorite dip in pasta form.
- 2 (9-oz.) packages cheese tortellini
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. milk
- 1¼ c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until almost al dente, about half the time called for on box. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and stir until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute more. Slowly add milk and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and artichokes, stirring until well coated. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked tortellini and toss to combine. Pour pasta into a large baking dish and top with remaining ¾ cup mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbly, 20 minutes.