Summer Vegetable Primavera
This simple pasta is the best way to eat your veggies.
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fusilli
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c. ricotta
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Divide vegetables between two large, rimmed baking sheets. Add thyme, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the vegetables. Roast until tender and starting to turn golden brown on edges, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, vegetables and red pepper flakes. Fold in ricotta, Parmesan, and lemon juice and zest. To thin the sauce, gradually add more pasta water. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference, then garnish with basil. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.