Taco Stuffed Burger
These taco stuffed burgers are nothing short of magical. Add a big scoop of guacamole and we're in burger HEAVEN.
- 1¼ lb. ground beef
- 1 (1-oz.) package McCormick taco seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- 1 c. guacamole
- 1 c. pico de gallo
- In a medium bowl, combine beef with taco seasoning. Divide seasoned beef into 8 pieces and form each piece into a 5" patty.
- Fold each slice of cheese into quarters. Stack one folded piece of cheese in the center of four of the patties. Top with the remaining patties and press the edges together to seal the burger well. Reform into 5" patties.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add burgers and cook until charred on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Top bottom buns with lettuce, burgers, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Close the sandwich and serve: be careful, as cheese inside may be hot.