Cajun Butter Shrimp & Sausage Skewers
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 andouille sausages, sliced into ½" thick rounds
- ¼ c. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes. When ready to cook, drain and dry skewers.
- Thread top of shrimp, then sausage, then tail of shrimp onto skewers. Repeat until all shrimp and sausage is used.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then brush all over skewers.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Add skewers and cook until shrimp is opaque and sausage is warmed through, about 3 minutes per side. Garnish with parsley and serve.