Harvest Chicken Casserole
This satisfying casserole has ALL of your fall favorites. Make it for a big crowd, or pack it up and eat the leftovers for lunch! It's a meal prep DREAM.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for baking dish
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 6 c. cooked wild rice
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9"-x-13" baking dish with oil. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1" pieces.
- Heat another tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Place cooked rice in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, cranberries, cooked vegetables, and remaining ¼ cup broth. Top with almonds and bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes.