Mac & Cheese Lasagna
Mac & Cheese Lasagna is the MOTHER of all pasta dishes.
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for noodles
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter
- ½ c. flour
- 5 c. whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. shredded Cheddar, divided
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium jalapeños, cut thinly into rounds
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with panko and parmesan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in 3½ cups cheddar and mozzarella until smooth.
- Ladle a small amount of cheese into the bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Add a layer of noodles, more cheese sauce, and about ⅕ bacon and jalapeño slices. Continue until all ingredients are used, ending with lasagna noodles. Add remaining cheddar and panko mixture in an even layer on top of lasagna.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling and panko is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.