Fried Rice Stuffed Peppers
Fried Rice Stuffed Peppers have all of the flavor, none of the guilt.
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 carrots, peeled, trimmed, and diced into approximately ¼-inch pieces
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 4 c. cooked long-grain rice
- 2 c. rotisserie chicken chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ c. frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- Sriracha, chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Beat together eggs, 2 teaspoons of water, and a large pinch of salt. Preheat a large (12-inch) nonstick T-fal skillet over medium, about 2 minutes, until the Thermo-Spot turns solid. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil and swirl to coat. Add egg mixture and cook, pushing eggs toward center of pan to form large, soft curds, about 30 seconds. Scrape eggs onto a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, the carrots, and onion to pan; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook stirring until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Return eggs to skillet and add rice, chicken, peas, and soy sauce; cook stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape rice mixture into a bowl and wipe skillet out with paper towels.
- Arrange peppers in skillet. Spoon fried rice mixture into each pepper and cover skillet with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle stuffed peppers with sriracha and garnish with green onion and sesame seed.