We want to slide our face right onto these sliders.
- 12 slider buns, halved
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ c. pizza sauce
- 12 slider rolls
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ c. mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in a small sheet tray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onion and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add ground beef then season with ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat then add the pizza sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread ground beef mixture over the bottom buns, then sprinkle with about 1 cup mozzarella.
- Place the top bun halves on top, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan on top then add the pepperoni. Bake until the cheese has melted and the buns are slightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan before serving.