Best-Ever Cauliflower Soup
Making this ALL fall.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 8 cups)
- 6 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. heavy cream or whole milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add cauliflower, stock, thyme, and the bay leaf and bring up to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, remove thyme and bay leaf and discard. Blend with immersion blender or transfer to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Stir in cream and reheat if needed. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh thyme and serve immediately.