Strawberry Cheesecake Skillet Cake
It hits every category we want from a dessert and is making us even more obsessed with skillet desserts.
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. buttermilk
- 1½ c. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Juice of ½ lemon
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10" ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined. Add buttermilk and mix until smooth.
- Combine strawberries and lemon juice, then fold into cake batter.
- Make cheesecake: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Pour cake batter into prepared skillet, then dollop cheesecake on top and swirl with a knife into batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, 30 minutes.