Lemon Drizzle Cake
Five ingredients make up this super easy, gorgeous lemon drizzle cake.
- 225 g unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tin
- 300 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat oven to 180ºC. Brush a 2lb loaf tin with butter and line with baking parchment. Brush parchment with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and 225g of the caster sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat in the flour and the zest. Scrape into prepared loaf tin and smooth top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and remaining caster sugar. Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer, then pour over the drizzle. Let cool completely in tin.