Boston Cream Egg Rolls
Boston Cream Egg Rolls are SO much better than pie.
- FOR EGG ROLLS
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package vanilla pudding
- ¾ c. whole milk
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened and cubed
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- FOR CHOCOLATE DIPPING SAUCE
- ⅓ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together pudding mix with milk until combined. Let sit 5 minutes. Beat in cream cheese and salt until smooth.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and brush edges lightly with water. Spoon about 4 tablespoons pudding mixture into a line in the center. Roll up bottom half, tightly fold in sides, and gently roll upward to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour enough oil to reach 1" up the side of skillet. Heat until oil starts to bubble when a drop of water is added. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, a little over 1 minute per side. Transfer to a wire rack or paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream in 30-second intervals until it starts to bubble, watching carefully to avoid boiling over. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve egg rolls with warm chocolate dipping sauce.