Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
This pumpkin coffee cake is STUFFED with cheesecake.
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- ⅓ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- Caramel, for serving
- Make batter: Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8” or 9” springform pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated, then beat in pumpkin puree. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Make topping: In a medium bowl, stir together butter and brown sugar. Add flour and pecans and stir until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add half the batter to prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Add cream cheese filling and smooth top. Top with remaining batter, then crumble topping in big clumps all over top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let cool completely. Serve with a drizzle of caramel, if desired.