Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Pasta
Green bean casserole? So last year. This easy pasta is the dreamiest comfort food ever.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb. cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ c. half-and-half
- 3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. cooked farfalle
- 1 (10-oz) bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 c. store-brought fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350. Preheat a large (12-inch) T-Fal Thermo-Spot Signature nonstick skillet over medium. Melt the butter in the preheated skillet and add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. While stirring, slowing pour in the chicken broth and half and half. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir 2 cups of the cheddar cheese into the sauce until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the cooked pasta, green beans, and chicken into the cheese sauce. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Top with fried onions and serve.