Pumpkin Dream Bars
- 2½ c. Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 3 tbsp. sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ c. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. brown sugar
- can Pumpkin
- can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9”-x-9” square baking pan.
- Crush Cheerios into fine crumbs inside a large resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin. (Alternatively, pulse the cereal into fine crumbs with a food processor.) Combine Cheerios crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt and blend until combined.Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased baking pan. Bake until beginning to turn golden, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool while you make filling. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees.
- Make filling. Beat all filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour filling into crust and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake about 35 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate until chilled.
- Sift powdered sugar over sliced squares before serving.