Lobster Mac & Cheese
Too hard to find fresh lobster in your neck of the woods? Canned works too!
- 1 lb. cavatappi
- ¼ c. butter
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2½ c. whole milk
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. shredded white cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Fontina
- ¾ c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 lb. cooked lobster, roughly chopped
- ½ c. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cavatappi until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with nutmeg if using, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, Fontina, and ½ cup Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in pasta and lobster and transfer into a 9"-x-13" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Panko, the remaining Parmesan, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over pasta. Bake until bubbly and golden, 20-25 minutes.