Pot Roast Pasta
Pot Roast Pasta is the best pasta your crock-pot will EVER make.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2½ lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut crosswise into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. red wine
- 1 (1.3-oz.) package McCormick Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast seasoning mix
- 12 oz. rigatoni, cooked
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pot. When oil is shimmering, add beef and cook until seared on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, and carrot to Instant Pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to turn tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in wine. Bring to boil and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Pour ¾ cup water into pot and sprinkle in seasoning packet, stirring to combine, making sure to scrape up all the fond on the bottom of pot. Nestle beef into pot.
- Lock lid and set to pressure cook on high for 1 hour.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing the lid.
- Transfer beef to a plate and shred with two forks. Return beef to Instant Pot and stir in rigatoni.
- Serve with parsley and Parmesan.