Buffalo Chicken Cornish Hen
Buffalo Chicken Cornish Hen >>> buffalo wings.
- extra-virgin olive oil, for pan
- 1 Tyson Cornish Hen
- ¾ tsp. chili powder
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- FOR BUFFALO SAUCE
- ½ c. hot sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- ¼ c. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1½ tsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic,inced
- 2 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425º and brush a medium sheet pan with oil.
- To spatchcock the hen: Place the breast side down and cut out the backbone and discard. Flip the bird over and press down firmly on the breastbone to flatten. Place the bird on an prepared sheet pan skin side up, rub the skin all over with the chili powder, and season the entire bird with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine all buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Cut up half a head of cauliflower into medium to large florets, toss with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, a couple spoonfuls of the buffalo sauce, and set aside. Spoon some buffalo sauce over the Cornish hen and place it in the oven.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes, spoon more sauce over the bird and add the cauliflower to the sheet pan.
- Cook for about 30 minutes more (depending on the size of the bird) turning the cauliflower once and re-basting the bird. Once it is cooked through to an internal temperature of at least 165º remove from oven and serve with crumbled blue cheese.