Cheesy Taco Squares
Cheesy beef tacos are sandwiched between buttery crescents for the perfect snackable square. It's everything you love about tacos and then some.
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning, divided
- 2 (8-oz.) tubes refrigerated Crescent dough
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- ½ c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¾ c. pickled jalapeños
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- FOR SOUR CREAM SAUCE
- ½ c. sour cream
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon, cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Add black beans and 1 ½ teaspoon taco seasoning and cook until beans are warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto prepared baking sheet and pinch seams together. Bake until lightly golden, 10 minutes.
- Top par-baked crescents with ground beef mixture, cheddar, tomatoes, and pickled jalapeños. Unroll second crescent tube on top and pinch seams and sides together. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon of taco seasoning.
- Bake again until top is golden and dough is cooked through, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Cut crescents into squares and serve with sour cream sauce.